- Vitále Hydrocolloid Dressings are available in standard and thin versions. They are absorbent, conformable, and promote moist wound healing. Hydrocolloids are indicated for partial & full thickness wounds (Stages II-IV), with light to moderate exudation. The special Vitále Hydrocolloid formulation absorbs & retains just enough wound exudate to enable a moist wound healing environment. Compared to other hydrocolloids, Vitale Hydrocolloid Dressings have superior absorption to lengthen wear time, & thus also may be used for autolytic debridement. Thedressing is reinforced to keep the saturated dressing intact and also to reduce the removal force required, which lowers the risk of tearing skin.Vitále Thin Hydrocolloid Dressings have the thin profile of other "extra-thin" hydrocolloids, but the superior absorbency of our hydrocolloid formulation allows Vitále Thin Hydrocolloid Dressings to be used even for wounds with moderate drainage. Vitale Hydrocolloid are sterilized by electron beam sterilization and must not be resterilized.Indications: Vitále Hydrocolloid Dressings (standard & thin) are for single use only and can be used for the treatment of the following wounds:
- Pressure Ulcers
- Venous Ulcers
- Arterial Ulcers
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Post-Operative Wounds
- Skin donor sites
- 1st & 2nd Degree Burns (not appropriate for 3rd Degree)
- Features & Benefits:
- Absorbent - Absorbs exudates and holds moisture within the dressing, allowing usage for up to 7 days.
- Moist wound environment - The exudate held by the hydrocolloid keeps the wound moist.
- Unique Tab Corner pull-tab (see illustration) assists in easy dressing removal for fast & efficient wound clean-up.
- Reinforcement Entire dressing is reinforced to help hold the dressing together, even when saturated.
- Conforms to wound contours- Body heat makes the dressing more conformable, and may be cut to fit.
- Hydrocolloids were first used in products to adhere stoma bags to patient's skin and clinicians noted that the edges of the stoma under the hydrocolloid looked healthier and showed signs of healing. This led to the development of hydrocolloid dressings for wound care. Properly made hydrocolloid dressings absorb and hold fluids...thereby keeping wounds moist. Our Vitále Hydrocolloid is the first integrated hydrocolloid that provides all the natural benefits of a colloidal suspension supported by a strong reinforcement. It promotes re-hydration and debridementof wounds, while not disintegrating into the wound bed, thereby avoiding the risks of systemic complications. Vitále Hydrocolloids, both thin & standard, are uniquely supported by a fine mesh and have a convenient tab on the side for easy removal at dressing change time. Hydrocolloids work best on wounds with light to moderate drainage.